Under the supervision of the General Manager and applying Lean tools, the Engineering Manager has responsibility for the management and technical direction for the day to day operations of the Engineering Department which includes, Customer Technical Support and Production Support. These activities will be operated in a manner consistent with the mission, values and quality system of The Baker Company toward the achievement of the company’s strategic and yearly operating plans. The Engineering Manager has responsibility for setting policy and for relentlessly supporting and driving performance metrics from both the Engineering group and Production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs the activities of the company’s mechanical and electrical engineers, electrical technicians, Engineers and other Engineering staff.
• Supports Baker’s safety practices, programs, and guidelines
• Participates in the development of the annual operations plan/budget with goals and milestones that meet the goals of the strategic plan on an annual basis
• Supports new product concepts in conjunction with input from Executive Management, Sales, Marketing, customers, etc.
• Collaborates with customer design, Purchasing, and Marketing teams to provide OEM solutions for their product requirements.
• Develops and helps maintain intellectual property including: patents, trademarks, copy rights, trade secrets, etc.
• Oversees collaboration with Production Test in updating/modifying (when necessary) test procedures for all products
• Provides Sales, Marketing, and Technical Services Departments with any required technical assistance.
• Provides technical assistance to Customer Service for quotation proposals
• Develops and documents engineering standards and specifications
• Prepares or approves all electrical product documentation
1. Develops electrical/electronic schematics
2. Oversees electrical designs to assure accuracy of drawings and diagrams for assembly
3. Is a resource for outsourcing all related parts and components
4. Is a resource for preparing cost evaluations
• Communicates with manufacturing departments to interpret and revise both designs and work practices for continuous improvement (Design for Manufacturing & Assembly, DFMA)
• Supports product designs to meet long and short-term strategic business growth goals
• Reviews designs to assure conformity to NSF, CSA, TUV and UL guidelines as well as any other appropriate governing or controlling agencies and special customer requirements
• Develops processes to relentlessly improve engineering/administrative and design throughput to meet deadlines
• Reviews Engineering Change Requests as required
• Provides value to our customers by using and encouraging associates to use Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people).
• Uses systematic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
• Oversees the maintenance of documentation of all designs
• Assures proper staffing and ensures his/her staff meets schedules
• Establishes department metrics and performance standards
• Leads, directs, and professionally develops the team under his/her direction
• Keeps abreast of and/or assigns maintenance of computer software and hardware for documentation
• Oversees the maintenance of the controlled original copy of various standards/regulations as assigned; may host external auditor for standards/regulations, as applicable
• Performs other projects, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS:
• Ability to innovate
• Sales Orders process time in Engineering
• Change Requests (CR’s):
1. Process time in Engineering
2. Lead Time in Engineering
3. Ability to complete the CR before the effectivity date of the CR
4. Number of CR's released for product improvement
• Engineering Requests via case calls (turnaround/lead time)
• Understanding and development of Intellectual property including: patent, trademark and trade secret development.
• Be able to sit at computer for extended periods of time
• B.S. Degree in Relevant Engineering discipline
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as an Electrical Engineer plus ten (10) years’ experience as a technical manager required
• Mechanical design experience preferred
• Proven ability with intellectual property including reading and writing patents, understanding of trademarks, etc.
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers as well as at all levels of the company
• Experience with StageGATE methodology
• Experience with and understanding of Project Management methodologies and practices
• Proficiency in MS project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/7eg6zJIGlmEXHleJf7PmV
Country: United States