Pay Grade: M08
Provides oversight, coordination, and real-time support of the System Control Center operations as required by Hoosier Energy Policies and Procedures, MISO, and NERC requirements. Develops and maintains system operational models to allow for the efficient and accurate use of Energy Management System tools to ensure the reliable operation of Hoosier Energy’s transmission and generation system. Conducts necessary system studies and communicate necessary results to System Control staff and appropriate parties as required by the NERC standards. Assists in the development of operating guidelines for coordination of system operations. Maintains reliability and promotes service to member systems, system integrity, with emphasis on safety, reliability and economy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs seasonal, next day, and current day Bulk Electric System and sub transmission studies utilizing the HE EMS applications or off line tools based on the appropriate system conditions, scheduled outages, and load forecast including HE LBA and foreign system conditions and scheduled activities relevant to the Hoosier Energy system.
• Communicates and shares study results with System Control staff, neighboring companies, and MISO.
• Writes short term mitigation plans for any System Operating limits that are identified.
• Identifies and recommends long term projects that provide mitigation to any inefficiencies or issues identified as a result of the studies.
• Maintains Hoosier Energy’s EMS model and supplies the model updates to MISO and neighboring transmission operators as required by MISO regulations and the NERC standards. Assists the Control Center training staff in keeping the Operator Training Simulator model updated as system configuration changes.
• Assists in the development, review, and approval of MISO generated operational guides based on state estimator study results, make recommendations as needed to ensure BES reliability.
• Supports the control center EMS by assisting in the creation and maintenance of operational screens to reflect additions or modifications to the Hoosier Energy System or enhancements to improve operator visibility of the Bulk Electric System.
• Establishes and maintains a database for transmission facility ratings.
• Assists in the development, updating, and review of System Control Supervisor Manual procedures and plans.
• Assists Hoosier Energy’s Compliance Department to assure compliance with NERC/Regional Reliability Standards applicable with the System Control Activities. Represents Hoosier Energy during compliance audits for designated standards.
• Create AOR groups, status points, analog points, and update system maps for OSI and Voyager.
• Bachelor’s Degree in in Electrical Engineering or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered
• 5 years’ experience minimum.
• NERC Certification is required (Reliability Coordinator or Balancing Authority and Transmission Operator certification must be obtained within one year of accepting the position)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage multiple projects with varying scopes and timelines
• Understanding of real and reactive power flow
• Familiarity with Power Flow modeling and contingency analysis
• Familiarity with various electrical relay scheme
• Ability to maintain and manage an EMS model
• Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team
• Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran