MECHANICAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Food Equipment Manufacturer located in Lake Zurich, Illinois has an opening for a full time Mechanical Product Development Engineer.
Developing plastic and sheet metal components that demonstrate proper functionality and performance; collecting and researching data during development testing while providing regular performance feedback to further improve processes; apply unique design principles and creative innovations within manageable parameters; supporting the full product life cycle from inception through maturity.
* Researches, develops, and designs new and existing products, materials and specifying OEM parts while simultaneously meeting specifications and documenting process within allotted time limitations and financial constraints.
* Oversees and coordinates all project phases and issues of compliance, company standards, customer contract requirements, set and adhere to product specifications and responsible for product test and evaluation.
* Coordinating preparation and delivery of project deliverables, accurate detailed design documents, and bid packages. Regularly communicating with customer, project teams, and management to resolve pertinent issues, complaints, problems, and needs.
* Sensibly planning, predicting, and seeking innovation while maintaining awareness of industry trends and technology modernizations to advance cost and performance efficiency.
BSME or equivalent of ten or more years of related experience and/or training.
Must demonstrate and appropriate analytical language, math, and reasoning abilities while incorporating knowledgeable computer skills of the following software programs:
* Must be proficient with PRO-E 3-D design
* Manufacturing processes including sheet metal fabrication, welding, injection molding of plastic parts and mechanical assembly.
* Must take a hands-on approach and ownership in developing prototypes design in a NPD Lab environment and completing comprehensive performance test and evaluations.
* Experience in the Food Service Equipment industry is preferred
* Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
* Must be familiar with ERP system and Item Master & BOM Product Structure data entry. GP Dynamics experience is preferred.
* Should foster a positive and productive work environment and be motivated by both personal and team accomplishments.
* Competitive salary
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance/Short Term Disability Insurance
* 401k Plan
* Company Paid Vacation and Holiday Package
ONLY Chicagoland and Southeastern WI candidates.
Please submit your resume for review.