Founded in 2015 to enable the electrification of everything, Group14’s battery materials breakthrough brings new levels of energy performance to lithium-ion-powered devices and vehicles. Recognized by the Department of Energy for its novel, drop-in ready nanomaterials and reliable industrial-scale process, Group14 serves the global transition to an all-electric future with performance for any use case.
WE'RE ON A QUEST TO ELECTRIFY THE WORLD
The electrification of everything starts with amazing people. We believe that a more sustainably powered world requires solutions for today, not years from now. The passion, collaboration, perseverance, and bravery of our team continually inspires us to push beyond the conventional to deliver the truly incredible with everything we do.
Group14’s dedication to meeting the battery demands of today through lithium-silicon battery innovation and scalable commercial manufacturing processes are what differentiates us and makes us a reliable partner. We believe that one day soon, we’ll wake up to an all-electric world.
About the role:
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for supporting the design, installation, commissioning, and operation of a new Battery Active Material (BAM) Factory in Moses Lake, WA. This position will join the engineering team tasked with the design and construction of the world’s largest production facility of next generation lithium silicon anode materials.
What you’ll be doing:
* Carry out process development studies towards scale up and commercialization of materials
* Own as project manager systems within the overall project
* Work with EPC contractors in all phases of project
* Assist in design, construction, and commissioning of process equipment
* Develop and contribute manufacturing best practices as well as assist in manufacturing database design/management.
* Resolve technical issues with equipment and processes to keep the production online
What we’re looking for:
* Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* MUST HAVE industrial engineering experience
* Experience in materials production and/or chemical processing (preferred).
* Experience in capital project management
* Experience with thermal processing equipment
* Experience with bulk powders processing
* Excellent communication skills
* Demonstrated organizational skills
Other qualities we’d love for you to have:
* Industrial experience in chemical processing
* Prior experience at both large and start-up companies
* Six-sigma certification or documented training.
* Experience with silicon gasses
* Experience with carbon process
* Experience in PSM covered facilities
Group14 offers compelling benefits:
* Medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability benefits are 100% covered for employee coverage.
* A generous Paid Time Off accrual policy.
* 401(k) with company match.
* Stock options
Please note: We are not able to accommodate candidates in need of work sponsorship at this time.
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the health and lives of people around the world. Given that the COVID-19 vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight this disease, Group14 is requiring showing proof of vaccination against this virus before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
At Group14, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
-- NO RECRUITERS PLEASE--
Bulk powders processing
PSM-covered facilities experience
Prior start-up experience a plus.
- Recent News (Oct 2022). Group14 $100m Dept of Energy Grant:
City: Moses Lake
Country: United States