We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and dedicated individual to join our organization as the Senior Test Engineer on a full-time capacity.
Largo Clean Energy (LCE), a subsidiary of Largo Inc., headquartered in Wilmington, MA and working to become a leader in long-duration energy storage. The company’s VCHARGE battery system uses patented battery technology and proprietary vanadium electrolyte processing to provide customers with safe, efficient, low-cost, and long-lasting, long-duration energy storage. The parent company, Largo Inc., is an industry leader in global vanadium supply with operations in Brazil and corporate headquarters in Toronto, Canada.
The Senior (Battery) Test Engineer will be a critical part of the Product Development Team supporting innovative battery technology development. Specifically, the Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for managing the development of Vanadium Redox Flow Battery technology (and specifically the battery stack) from sub-scale proof of concept to production scale readiness. Responsibilities will include design and implementation of Design of Experiments, Design for Manufacturing and Assembly exercises, analysis, and presentation of test data, and working and providing feedback on design and assembly drawings. Topics of study will include cell characterization, calendar life, cycle life and abuse tests. The successful candidate will work closely with designers and drafters, R&D engineers, and Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Associates to successfully bring products to manufacturing readiness.
• Develop product validation testing plans
• Create and execute Design of Experiments
• Create and execute test environments that exercise and determine limits of the product.
• Create test procedures and process specifications
• Work closely with program managers and design engineers to define validation requirements and create testing plans
• Work with Manufacturing Engineers to define high volume manufacturing requirements
• Analyze operational battery data
• Create test reports
• Work with Electrical & Mechanical engineers to build automated testing systems to test products
• Location: 500 Research Drive, Wilmington, MA, 01887
• Possible field work/travel requirements on occasion
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Teal & Co at https://tealandco.com/careers/ by November 30th, 2022.
Largo Inc welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Analytical mindset
• Working with chemical solutions is required
• Ability to be hands-on with testing equipment is an asset
• Strong electromechanical troubleshooting skills
• Flexibility to work in a dynamic startup environment
Education and Experience:
• Post-Secondary Education in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
• Familiarity with various electrical testing equipment: oscilloscopes, multimeters, impedance meters, DAQs, among others
• Strong MS Office Skills especially Word and Excel
• Limited field work/travel requirements of up to 10%
• Experience with APQP, New Product and Process Introduction (NPI), Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), and/or statistical analysis is a plus
• Experience with grid scale energy storage devices is a plus