Founded in 2015 to enable the electrification of everything, Group14’s battery materials breakthrough brings new levels of energy performance to lithium-ion-powered devices and vehicles. Recognized by the Department of Energy for its novel, drop-in ready nanomaterials and reliable industrial-scale process, Group14 serves the global transition to an all-electric future with performance for any use case.
WE'RE ON A QUEST TO ELECTRIFY THE WORLD
The electrification of everything starts with amazing people. We believe that a more sustainably powered world requires solutions for today, not years from now. The passion, collaboration, perseverance, and bravery of our team continually inspires us to push beyond the conventional to deliver the truly incredible with everything we do.
Group14’s dedication to meeting the battery demands of today through lithium-silicon battery innovation and scalable commercial manufacturing processes are what differentiates us and makes us a reliable partner. We believe that one day soon, we’ll wake up to an all-electric world.
Our team and everyone at our company is committed to cultivating a more sustainably powered world with solutions for today, not years from now.
About the role:
The Production/Process Engineer is responsible for supporting the design, installation, commissioning, and operation of a new Battery Active Material (BAM) factory. This position will join the engineering team tasked with the design and construction of the world’s largest production facility of next generation lithium silicon anode materials. The selected candidate will be assigned a unit operation area of responsibility to support after completion of commissioning. There will be opportunities to travel to other existing facilities to gain real experience, knowledge and best practices for implementation in Moses Lake, WA.
What you’ll be doing:
• Become the subject matter expert for one of four major process areas.
• Assist in design, construction, and commissioning of process equipment.
• Work with the R&D team to develop solutions to problems and improve production throughput, cost, product quality and process safety.
• Collect and evaluate data in order to plan experiments to modify and improve processes.
• Develop and contribute manufacturing best practices as well as assist in manufacturing database design/management.
• Collaborate with Research & Development to ensure the manufacturability of new products and processes.
• Collaborate with the maintenance/facilities personnel to improve equipment reliability.
• Resolve technical issues with equipment and processes to keep the production online
• Organize and create elements for the process safety management (PSM) program.
• Develop procedures to assure safe and correct operation of equipment from day one.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• MUST HAVE at least 2 years of chemical, industrial, or design experience.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully solve problems.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
Other qualities we’d love for you to have:
• Prior experience at a start-up company
• Experience in materials production and/or chemical processing.
• Experience with thermal processing equipment or bulk powders processing.
• Experience with either carbon processes or silicon gasses
• Experience in a process safety management or risk management program covered facility.
• Six-sigma certification or documented training.
Group14 offers compelling benefits:
• Medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability benefits are 100% covered for employee coverage.
• A generous Paid Time Off accrual policy.
• 401(k) with company match.
• Stock options
Please note: We are not able to accommodate candidates in need of work sponsorship at this time.
At Group14, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Group14 is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
-- NO RECRUITERS PLEASE--
- Thermal processing equipment or bulk powders processing.
- Materials production and/or chemical processing.
- Chemical, industrial, or design experience
Latest news (Dec 2022):
Group14 Closes an Additional $214M to Complete $614M Series C Funding Round
Read more here: shorturl.at/aAQW0
City: Moses Lake
Country: United States