Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. ("MEAU") is committed to the employment and advancement of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
At Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. (MEAU), we've built a tradition of technological leadership and innovation. Join our team of smart, dedicated, technical experts as a Service Engineer. In this role, you'll provide superior on-site product and application support to help our customers increase their machine UPTIME. Additionally, you will be provided with a company vehicle and have the flexibility of working in your home office to support your assigned region.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Under moderate supervision, provide technical service and support to the Machine Tool Builders (MTBs), dealers, and end-users through telephone, on-line and on-site service.
• Provide technical service and support to our customers, including: MTBs, dealers, and end-users, via:
• On-Site service at customer facilities using learned knowledge and experience of electro-mechanical assemblies, system operations, programming, and diagnosing of equipment problems
• In-House telephone support using an automated call distribution network (ACD) with heavy call volume maintaining department goals for time to answer and total log-in time
• Communicate with customers in e-mail, on-line chat and internal technical forums
• Diagnose equipment breakdowns where knowledge of machinery and other automated systems is used to maintain customer UPTIME
• Install components and solutions offered by Mitsubishi Electric Factory Automation where knowledge of programming, calibrating, tuning, rebuilding and maintaining customer's equipment in the field is being utilized
• Support the in-house systems for diagnostics such as simulators, programming systems, tools, etc.
• Present and sell customers our value added services (VAS) to help accomplish their UPTIME goals; CloudCNC, extended warranties, optional functions, machine tuning, control upgrades, training, etc.
• Promote the sales of spare parts to customers which would further assist in their machine UPTIME
• Determine, order, and replace parts as necessary while maintaining the consignment inventory account by following up on the defective and unused parts returns
• Enter all technical claims, service activity, follow ups, and other customer related inquiries i
• Ability to sell value added services to customers
• Knowledgeable on electrical and mechanical tools for machine repair
• Mechanical aptitude
• Hands-on knowledge of volt meters, oscilloscopes, and other test / measuring equipment
• Ability to read and understand technical documentation: schematics, logic, procedures, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with and maintain effective relationships with customers and colleagues
Beneficial Skills and Experience
• Experience in Computerized Numeric Controls (CNC's) products preferred
• Experience with robots and how they operate is a plus
• Experience in motion controllers (AC and DC) and programmable logic controllers (PLC's) is a plus
• BSEET or equivalent related experience
• 3-6 years of experience in field service for industrial automation
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/hcy95r22nmpwwjcg