Are you looking to advance your career to lead electrical development projects?
Do you like a dynamic environment, a challenge, and a variety of projects from boards to motors and drives?
Do you like being on the front-end of development – working on the feasibility and specification?
Do you want to do product development on a global stage and work across continents?
If you have said yes, then this is a unique opportunity for you with one of the world's leading fitness equipment manufacturers!
The Electrical Project Engineer will work in the Electrical Project Engineering team as a liaison and engineering lead between Product Managers and Factory Manufacturing. The project engineer will focus on management of multiple projects through Johnson's New Product Development processes including schedule, cost, specification, electrical system and hardware design, software development, and communication management. This is a highly visible position within the company and requires a passionate and motivated individual to drive both product improvement and excellence throughout the product development process. This is a non-supervisory position.
• Serve as communication lead between Electrical Engineering in North America and Electrical Engineering in Asia
• Manage task tracking and schedule between North America and Asia teams
• Serve as technical expert to inform best practices in hardware design
• Lead and participate in design reviews as part of the Key Component and New Product Development processes
• Performs technical analysis of designs and prototype testing
• Translate marketing requirements into actionable technical tasks for the R&D team
• International travel: Approximately 2 to 4 trips to overseas facilities in Taiwan or China
• Communication with overseas teams during non-business hours
• A bachelor's degree from an ABET-accredited institution in Electrical Engineering or related technical field is required
• Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in electrical hardware design or development
• Experience with both electrical hardware and embedded software is preferred
• Experience with AC and DC motor drive systems preferred
• Experience with induction braking and generator systems preferred
• Technical project management experience preferred
• Well-rounded engineering experience including; analog and digital hardware design, embedded controllers, motor control, digital communications, and system connectivity
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills, able to work independently or on a team
• Willing collaborator, flexible work approach, looking for ways to improve self and processes
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of co-workers, customers and vendors
• Skilled in planning, organizing resources, and establishing priorities for work assignments for optimu
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off benefits
• Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
• Product discounts
• Wellness programs
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/ktct9j6wc5jkhq8j
City: Cottage Grove
Country: United States