Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
At our offices in Charleston, TN, we are currently looking for a Project Engineer - EI&C.
In this role, the position will report to the Director of Project Engineering. This position provides project engineering and project management services in the field of electrical, instrumentation and controls engineering related to capital investment projects not only at the Wacker Polysilicon plant in Charleston, TN but also for other Wacker sites in the NAFTA region.
• The Project Engineer EI&C will be responsible for the development of project scope and execution approach Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls engineering and design of controls system architecture; conduct and/or support safety, quality and regulatory reviews (e.g. HAZOP, code review, environmental review) as required by the nature of the project/process.
• Support development of project cost estimate with level of detail and accuracy according to project phase; support project budget and cash-flow management while driving continuous improvement related to safety, quality and cost.
• Support development of project execution strategy and schedule with level of detail and accuracy according to project phase.
• Supervise employees assigned to the project team.
• Represent WACKER'S interests while coordinating 3rd party contractors, suppliers, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines or authorities involved in the project.
• Monitor project progress and compile project reports applying best practices related to project management, engineering and construction.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Instrumentation & Controls, or related field, and 2+ years of combined professional experience in the field of electrical engineering, instrumentation and controls.
• Experience to include: project management or construction management.
• P&ID design, instrument specifications, loop sheet design, DCS hardware and software design, control cabinet design, field instrumentation installations and troubleshooting, safety instrumented systems design and implementation, motor specification and installation, motor schematics, single line design, variable speed specification and installation.
• Candidate must be able to pass a pulmonary function test and be capable of wearing an air purifying respirator if required.
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and overseas 20% of time.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zkgd3ygg42n259z5