Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER POLYSILICON is the global leader in the production of hyperpure polycrystalline silicon for the photovoltaics, solar and semiconductor industries. At our Charleston, TN site, we are currently looking for a Process Mechanical Engineer - Crushing.
Wacker Polysilicon North America, LLC is operating a new Polysilicon production facility at its site in Charleston, TN. The plant is comprised of multiple sub-process units, buildings and structures with a total asset value of approximately $2.5 billion. A large and complex plant like this requires competent and high quality technical support to operations and service units. The Process & Mechanical Engineer is providing the necessary technical support to the production units in their area of responsibility.
• Manage and/or support capital invest and expense type projects within area of responsibility
• Coordinate 3rd party services providers
• Support the Process Engineering Manager – Crushing, in providing safe operating conditions,
regulatory compliance, availability and performance of production units
• Support process and technology transfer/exchange between WACKER's Polysilicon production sites
• Conduct and/or coordinate debottlenecking and troubleshooting activities
• Drive and support continuous improvement activities related to safety, quality and cost
• Develop and/or support development of specifications, standards and codes
• Coach and support maintenance technicians on Engineering PM program
• Identify predictive maintenance opportunities and implement the program.
• Coordinate non-routine maintenance activities and optimizations.
• Review preventative maintenance findings for trends and follow-up.
• Work in interdisciplinary and intercultural teams
• Represent WACKER's interests towards authorities, suppliers and contractors
• Compile and provide reports related to area of responsibility
• Cooperate with groups and individuals within the Engineering & Maintenance department, Operations and
other service units with focus on achieving optimal results/solutions from a corporate/enterprise perspective
• Perform all tasks and assignments in accordance to WACKER's policies and procedures
• Bachelor of Science degree (or higher level education) in the field of mechanical engineering
• 3+ years of combined professional experience in the field of plant engineering and maintenance (preferred) or university graduate with relevant coop/internship experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair packaging and palletizing equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals – also as an employer.We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/h5qpnv76p93mb6r9