We are seeking a talented Hardware/Firmware Engineer to support or product development team. In this role, you will provide technical expertise in all phases of hardware and firmware development to help keep our technology at the forefront of the industry. In addition, your key responsibilities include:
1. Coordinate internal and external design of electronic functionality of Sonetics products in order to meet product specifications.
2. Determine functional product requirements and prepare supporting design specification documents.
3. Resolve product electronic function issues in order to reduce warranty expense and meet product quality goals.
4. Contribute to firmware design, development, test and support to meet product requirements.
5. Support firmware maintenance and feature enhancement for existing and new products
6. Design and develop production tooling, testers, and manufacturing methods in order to ensure product quality standards are met.
7. Design, develop, and test modules and applications that meet or exceed the functional requirements.
8. Perform failure analysis on product development issues
9. Perform design verification using a variety of verification methods, including simulation and product testing
10. Using analysis equipment or software, demonstrate the effective analysis of functional or performance issues with the firmware and hardware
• 5+ years experience
• Microcontroller Firmware programming
• Embedded firmware, RTOS programming in C, HW/SW interactions.
• PADS PCB/Schematics Layout
• Microchip PIC18F+ microcontroller development (I2S, I2C, RS-485, USB)
• Good analytical, integration, support, and debugging skills
• Hands-on experience with analog audio functionality preferred
• Analog Devices DSP (SigmaDSP, SHARC)
We offer the right candidate an opportunity to join a fast-growing company that is disrupting an industry and is changing lives every day. We are entrepreneurial, innovative and agile. We value hard work and great ideas, and strive to celebrate our successes as a team. We offer a stellar benefit plan including medical coverage, 401k contribution, and employee profit sharing plan.