Global Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major manufacturing and cleanroom projects in Oregon, Arizona, Israel and Ireland. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
Our GCE Architects are highly valued and are relied on to provide technical leadership in their area of expertise. They are one of the first to be consulted for any major building expansion or modification. Early in the project, they develop site feasibility studies, provide building & fire code analysis, and perform occupancy and exiting studies to ensure the feasibility of a new project. They later develop more detailed scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and discipline engineers. During detailed design and construction performed by our world-class supply chain partners, our Architects serve as the Owner's representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution.
Our Architects are our primary communicators with the local jurisdictions to maintain our strong partnerships with the communities we operate in. Hazardous Material Inventory Statements (HMIS) and Hazardous Material Management Plans (HMMP) are prepared and maintained under their leadership. They are our building and fire code experts who are familiar with the Alternate Materials & Methods process. They have strong knowledge of Intel's master specifications and standards yet use our change process to improve those standards.
This position will be based at our flagship technology development campus in Hillsboro, Oregon. As a global engineering organization, GCE Architects and engineers are expected to collaborate and share learnings with their counterparts at other sites.
- BS + 4 yrs. exp.; MS + 3 yrs. exp.; or PhD + 1 yr. exp. in Architecture or closely related field.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience on architectural and engineering projects.
- Experience with building and fire codes and hazardous occupancies.
- Experience with cleanroom components.
- Technical writing experience (e.g. specifications)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations and geographic boundaries.
- Highly team and quality oriented
- High safety value and committed to a safe project environment.
- 10 yrs. architectural and engineering projects is preferred.
- Focus on industrial and semiconductor projects is preferred.
- Registration as an Architect is preferred
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee o
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.