As a Project Engineer in the Global Construction Engineering, you will be responsible for developing Discipline Scope and Engineering Solutions for construction projects. You will be interfacing and coordinating with contract design, construction, and estimating resources, as well as internal Intel organizations including customer staff, facility owners, and Site Project PMs and Discipline Leads, to enable facility design efforts for your systems/discipline of expertise. Efforts will include definition of design criteria, scope definition and justification, development of design concepts, completion of positioning, programming and detailed design, and development of project budgets, schedules, and safety requirements.
You must have proficiency with reading and interpreting construction contract documents.
In this role, you will manage performance of the Architectural and Engineering / Owners Design Consultant vendor in your discipline of expertise. A senior project engineer is also able to lead inter-discipline coordination efforts, and collaborate closely with other disciplines to ensure delivery of a complete, approved, coordinated scope across a project.
The Construction Project Engineer is responsible for facilitation of the engineering activities assessing previous site assumptions, current site conditions & future plans implications.
Throughout the course of the effort the PE will represent Intel GCE - Global Construction Engineering, providing the following (for the CSA part of project scope):
- Interface with an AE/D.B. company to communicate the intent of the project's design scope and facilitate the development of AE design services contract
- Work with the AE firm on the CSA scope assessment and development, ensuring the timeliness and quality of the engineering and design deliverables and issuing of completed packages.
- Review design documents & calculations; verify their compliance with the site loads and requirements.
- Analyze the design documents relative to the Israeli code and requirements.
- Prepare requirements for scope development, based on previous data while coordinating with all relevant stakeholders including CSO, AE local consultants, AE/D.B. firm or other.
- Participate in design reviews, weekly bridge or FTF meetings, WG meetings and other relevant meetings, as appropriate.
Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture.
10 years of experience in a construction project engineering or similar role.
Professional Registration is a plus.
Effective at managing design, construction.
Additional qualifications include:
Effective with reading and interpreting construction contract documents
Ability to work effectively within a variety of management levels, between the customer (Intel) and the contractors, as well as outside clients and vendors.
Effective at problem-solving, include problem-solving methodologies, research strategies, logical reasoning, critical analysi