Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Global Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major manufacturing and cleanroom projects in Oregon, Arizona, Israel and Ireland. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
This position will be based in Oregon at our flagship technology development campus in Hillsboro. Our Design Managers are highly valued and are relied on to provide project leadership for technical engineering and design execution. Our Design Managers are one of the first to be consulted for any major construction project. Early in the project, they assemble a team of engineering specialists and assess feasibility of new projects. They later provide leadership for development of more detailed scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and project engineers. During detailed design and construction performed by our world-class supply chain partners, our Design Managers serve as the Owner's representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution.
Our Design Managers are the primary leaders who manage overall project scope, schedule, and cost. They interface and coordinate with contract design, construction, scheduling, and estimating resources. They also interface with facilities staff and project managers. Design Managers lead the effort of engineers who define design criteria, lead scope definition and justification, and develop design concepts. Design Managers oversee completion of positioning, programming and detailed design. They work with estimators to ensure costs are captured and project budgets are met. Design Managers ensure implementation of change control process to improve standards and drive innovative solutions.
- BS + 6 Yrs. exp.; MS + 4 Yrs. exp. degree in Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience on design and construction.
- Technical writing experience
- Proficiency with reading and interpreting construction contract documents
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication - especially in communicating technical issues.
- Experience presenting to executive management
- Strong general facilities technical expertise and ability to lead and provide direction to technical teams
- Ability to collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations and geographic boundaries.
- Experience leading technical engin
* This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....