Global Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major manufacturing and cleanroom projects in Oregon, Arizona, Israel and Ireland. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
This position will be based in Oregon at our flagship technology development campus in Hillsboro. Our Process Project Engineers are highly valued and are relied on to provide technical leadership in their area of expertise. Our Process Project Engineers are one of the first to be consulted for any major construction project related to process gases and water and waste systems depending on their areas of focus. Early in the project, they assess feasibility of new projects. They later develop more detailed scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and project engineers from other disciplines. During detailed design and construction performed by our world-class supply chain partners, our Project Engineers serve as the Owner's representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution.
Our Project Engineers are the primary leaders who develop discipline scope and engineering solutions for construction projects. They interface and coordinate with contract design, construction, scheduling, and estimating resources. They also interface with facilities staff and project managers to enable facility design efforts for their area of expertise. Project Engineers define design criteria, lead scope definition and justification, develop design concepts, and oversee completion of positioning, programming and detailed design. They work with estimators to ensure costs are captured and project budgets are met. Project Engineers have strong knowledge of Intel's master specifications and standards yet use our change process to improve those standards and drive innovative solutions.
- BS + 4 yrs. exp.; MS + 3 yrs. exp. in Process Engineering or closely related field.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience on architectural and engineering projects.
- Experience with process gases is required.
- Technical writing experience (e.g. specifications).
- Basic knowledge of control methods for process systems.
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication - especially in communicating technical issues.
- Ability to collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations and geographic boundaries.
- Highly team and quality oriented.
- Value for safety and a safe project environment.
- Experience with construction, start-up, and commissioning/turnover of facilities systems.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....