This position will be based in Oregon at our flagship technology development campus in Hillsboro. Our I&C/LSS Engineers are highly valued and are relied on to provide technical leadership in their area of expertise. I&C/LSS Engineers are one of the first to be consulted for any major construction project related to I&C/LSS systems. Early in the project, they assess feasibility of new projects. They later develop more detailed scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and project engineers from other disciplines. During detailed design and construction performed by our world-class supply chain partners, our Project Engineers serve as the Owner's representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution.
Our Project Engineers are the primary leaders who develop discipline scope and engineering solutions for construction projects. They interface and coordinate with contract design, construction, scheduling, and estimating resources. They also interface with facilities staff and project managers to enable facility design efforts for their area of expertise. Project Engineers define design criteria, lead scope definition and justification, develop design concepts, and oversee completion of positioning, programming and detailed design. They work with estimators to ensure costs are captured and project budgets are met. Project Engineers have strong knowledge of Intel's master specifications and standards yet use our change process to improve those standards and drive innovative solutions.
As a global engineering organization, GCE project architects and engineers are expected to collaborate and share learnings with their counterparts at other sites across the globe.
- BS + 4 yrs. exp.; MS + 3 yrs. exp. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or closely related field.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience on design and construction of life safety and instrumentation systems. Focus on industrial, semiconductor, and cleanroom projects is preferred.
- Experience with PLC-based control system architecture - especially Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley and Siemens PCS7.
- Experience designing and operating fire alarm systems and hazardous gas detection systems.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of engineering documentation (P&ID's, Sequence of Operations, Engineering Specifications, and Design Standards).
- Experience with control methods for process systems.
- Technical writing experience (e.g. specifications)
- Proficiency with reading and interpreting construction contract documents
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication - especially in communicating technical issues
- Strong technical expertise in engineering and ability to provide direction to technical teams
- Ability to collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations and geographic boundaries.
- Highly team and quality oriented
- Value for safety and a safe project environme
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....