As a Project Engineer in the Corporate Services Central Construction group, you will be responsible for developing Discipline Scope and Engineering Solutions for construction projects. You will be interfacing and coordinating with contract design, construction, scheduling and estimating resources, as well as internal Intel organizations including customer staff, Technology Development, Strategic Planning, facility owners, and Site Project PMs, to enable facility design efforts for your systems/discipline of expertise. Efforts will include definition of design criteria, scope definition and justification, development of design concepts, completion of positioning, programming and detailed design, and development of project budgets, schedules, and safety requirements. You must have proficiency with reading and interpreting construction contract documents.
In this role, you will manage performance of the Integrator's Architectural and Engineering / Owners Design Consultant vendor in your discipline of expertise. A senior project engineer is also able to lead inter-discipline coordination efforts, and collaborate closely with other disciplines to ensure delivery of a complete, approved, coordinated scope across a project. .
Requires BS.c degree in Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other relevant degree focus. Minimum 7 years experience in design and construction of process systems.
- Experience with Process Mechanical Systems such as Process Cooling Water, Oil Free Air, and Process Vacuum. Preference would be experience with more than one.
- Proficiency with reading and interpreting construction contract documents required.
- Familiarity with P&ID's, Pipeflo, and BIM.
- Experience with construction, startup, and turnover of facilities process systems is valued.
- Candidate should have basic knowledge /understanding of control methods for process systems.
- Candidate must have an ability to interface with a multi-user customer base.
- Candidate must have the ability to manage workload of multiple projects of varying complexity.
- Proven track record of managing the process engineering and design of large complex technical facilities and equipment installation construction projects in high tech industries, preferably semiconductor
- Strong technical expertise in Mechanical process engineering and ability to provide tactical direction to a large engineering team, both direct and matrix report
- Ability to effectively communicate technical engineering and design information and solutions to a wide audience of stakeholders such as manufacturing customers, Technology Development, Project Managers, Construction Managers and contractors.
- Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and have a working knowledge of office personal computer applications.