At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
*This position may be located in either: Bismarck, ND; Fargo, ND; St. Paul, MN; or Denver, CO*
Provide engineering services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner.
• Responsible for design, specifications, plans, maps, project schedule and budgets
• Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
• Responsible for scope of services and budgets
• Provide coordination of contractors
• Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
• Instruct, train and mentor group members
• Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
• Utilize effective written and oral communication
• May prepare forecast of workload and monitor backlog
• May serve as a project engineer, project manager, or client manager and provide overall project oversight
• Public involvement may include reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material
• A four-year degree in electrical engineering is required
• A PE is required
• Experience level is a minimum of 4+ years
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
• Project management experience is preferred
• National Electrical Code (NEC) knowledge
• Experience in the following electrical engineering design is preferred: Commercial design, Municipal (lift stations, wastewater treatment plants, etc.), Aviation, and DOT lighting.
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 80% of the time spent in the office and 20% in the field.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
• Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
• Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor appli