Position Title: Building Engineer
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt, 100% FTE, 12-month employee
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Job Effective: Immediately upon background clearance
Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of all building systems including HVAC, FLS, plumbing, basic electrical, door hardware, and BMS. His/her primary responsibilities will focus on providing expertise to ensure campus building safety and best practices to ensure all systems are functioning as designed to assure proper environment and energy usage. The position is also responsible for ensuring legal compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to operations. Assists management in all operations initiatives. SHS offers competitive compensation and health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan, and more.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform routine and preventative maintenance to ensure proper operation of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, elevators and all other building systems including but not limited to electrical and control troubleshooting, proper door operations, water testing.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair/replace motors, belts, bearings, thermostats, pumps and other building systems
• Complete work orders for a variety of structure and equipment repairs.
• Develop competence and knowledge of tools and equipment used in facility maintenance including LEED buildings. Knowledgeable of building management system and control aspects (BMS).
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities include but are not limited to:
• Completion of College or Technical School HVAC Certificates and possess an EPA 608 refrigeration certification.
• Completion of Building Operator Certificate Level I or BOMI Systems Maintenance Technician Program and enrollment in or willingness to enroll in Building Operator Certification Level II or BOMI Systems Maintenance Administrator Program.
• Ability to clear a Department of Justice and FBI background check based on a live scan of fingerprints.
• At least five years’ of a broad range of relevant experience in facilities and operations management.
• Must be computer literate and demonstrate the ability to learn operations maintenance software in order to complete records on repairs and maintenance upon finalization of work order
• Demonstrated strong communication skills in English. Additional skills in Spanish strongly preferred.
For a complete, detailed job description please go to https://apptrkr.com/1418156
Please apply via email by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org You MUST indicate Building Engineer 2019 in the subject line of the e?mail. Please do not contact the Schools by phone or by unscheduled visit. You may also choose to mail your materials to: