As an Outside Automation and Machinery Sales Representative, you are a member of a sales team responsible for executing the company sales plan, including assisting with quoting automation projects and machines. You are in charge of promoting company products and solutions, selling the company’s manufacturing and automation systems at the best possible profit margins, positioning teamtechnik as the leading and most respected Automation Engineering and Equipment Manufacturing Company. This job directly works to position the company for growth, developing new opportunities in assigned regions or selected market sectors and meeting quarterly and annual bookings targets.
• Travel throughout the region and the United States as required to proactively maintain and promote the capabilities of company; work with customers to determine initial concepts and feasibility of potential automation and contract MFG projects.
• Identify, prospect and close new sales opportunities within his/her assigned account and territory base.
• Develop strategic sales and marketing plans (capture plans) for each account and prospective clients in conjunction with overall segment and organizational objectives.
• Engage with the client on a technical level to understand the client’s specific requirements, and in turn be able to present viable solutions.
• Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as material-handling equipment, numerical-control machinery, and computer systems.
• Participate in contract negotiations, including technical specification, financial terms and delivery.
• Produce market analysis and recommend refinements to product and pricing strategies.
• Works with in-house technical staff to assist in preparing proposals, estimates and operational specifications, to maintain a high degree of satisfaction for customers.
• Develop and maintain a proactive calendar that meets customer and company needs, focusing actions to meet established goal.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and prepare regular reports on new technology, new markets, competition, trends, customers’ CAPEX cycles and environment.
• Proactively complete and update documentation: sales plans, expense reports, quote log, follow-up requirements and call reports.
• Work with scheduling to verify orders are in the system and required dates are going to be met.
Must have Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years’ successful and verifiable experience of strategic selling and negotiation skills in “solution and systems sales” of capital equipment or industrial automation machines in a manufacturing environment.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience quoting/application support for automation projects.
• Must demonstrate the drive and motivation to sell, and enjoy the challenge of selling in the industrial automation/manufacturing solutions industry.
• Strong presentation s
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering degree preferred) or a degree in a manufacturing field or equivalent experience.
• A secondary degree in a business management, sales, marketing, or related field strongly preferred.
*At teamtechnik we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, including:
Medical (Employee and Family)
Dental (Employee and Family)
401k with company match
Vision (Employee and Family)
** Company pays 75%
Country: United States