Founded in 2009, Apex Clean Energy is an independent renewable energy company focused on bringing utility-scale generation facilities to market, from site origination and financing to turnkey construction and long-term asset management. With a team of over 200 professionals and the nation’s largest wind energy project portfolio, Apex is a leader in the transition to a clean energy future. For more information, visit www.apexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America’s clean energy future.
Apex is seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager to prepare the base design of the electrical systems for utility-scale renewable energy projects and to manage Apex’s internal team of electrical engineers as well as various electrical engineering consultants who support the development and design of renewable energy projects. Experience in wind energy electrical design is required.
The Electrical Engineering Manager position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and shift priorities on the go. The successful candidate will be well organized, comfortable in a dynamic environment, have strong attention to detail, and can synthesize and conceptualize complex ideas. A passion for renewable energy is a plus.
• Perform preliminary design for project substation, transmission lines, and collection systems
• Work with and manage electrical design consultants performing the detailed electrical design for our projects
• Analyze and rate wind turbine, solar panels, and battery electrical performance and capabilities to improve Apex’s understanding of the equipment’s value
• Prepare scope of work for engineering RFPs
• Support Engineering team in creating solutions which enable the development, construction, and operation of renewable energy plants
• Support procurement manager in maintaining informative relationships with equipment vendors
• Manage internal team of electrical engineers with specializations in both construction and operations
• Track progress in the design practices for the industry
• Bachelor's degree (minimum) in electrical engineering
• 3 years minimum of related experience in T&D and generation design
• Experience working with consulting engineering firms
• Performing engineering analytics, root cause analysis for faults on operating wind or solar assets.
• Ability to lead and manage
• Highly organized, able to juggle competing demands and follow through on deliverables with minimal supervision
• Professional presence with strong communication and presentation
Name: Ali Tankiewicz
Address: 310 4th Street, NE, Suite 200