Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Search
Job ID: 2019-3806
Type: Permanent Full Time
# of Openings: 1
Mimecast is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Search team. The successful candidate will be passionate about solving complex technical problems, have exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills and a desire to improve system and process within engineering. You will tackle a range of complex software and system issues, including monitoring of a large farm of servers in multiple geographic locations, responding to and safeguarding the availability and reliability of the search platform.
- Ensure that the search platform meets all SLAs at all times
- Participate in design discussions
- Automate everyday tasks by providing scalable, elegant and maintainable solutions
- Research and assess the suitability of new technologies
- Troubleshoot and assess application behavior and suggest improvements
- Maintain and extend to the next level our custom monitoring system
- Work with developers on performance analysis and capacity planning
- Strong scripting skills
- Administering Java applications (tuning, GC, memory)
- Working with software-based storage/indexing systems, e.g. Hadoop, Openstack, ElasticSearch, Lucene
- Experience with application containerization technologies, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in working with large scale software deployments
- Working knowledge of file system internals and tuning options
- Work at our fantastic new headquarters building.
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside.
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources.
- Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.