Senior Software Engineer - Messaging Services
Job ID: 2019-3924
Type: Permanent Full Time
# of Openings: 1
The Messaging Services team runs and maintains the core services that accept and process all our customers e-mail. Providing software that is able to protect against phishing and impersonation attacks, right through ensuring attachments are safe, and preventing data leakage. If your software doesn’t work, then customers don’t get email – it’s that simple.
We are looking for a principle/senior software engineer to help us develop both e-mail delivery and processing aspects of our platform, implementing new ideas to ensure we protect our customers from outside attacks, and reputation damage from within. The team works broadly across a number of different areas, including:
- Understanding e-mail and how to parse one
- Content scanning
- URL and domain security
- Core performance in a highly scalable java application
Ideal candidates will share a passion for tackling complexity with simplicity and building platforms that can scale massively and are not afraid of exploring unconventional solutions. We want people who are going to complement the team, and bring new perspectives on our problems, or bring valuable prior experience; the right attitude to our challenges is key.
- Java 11 (Core)
- Micro-service architecture
- RESTful services
- TCP sockets
- High concurrency and threading
- Postgres DB
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Building high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems.
- Claiming responsibility for architecture of systems, or systems level design are potentially of interest
- Being able to demonstrate some kind of technical leadership role could be valuable.
- Participating in the architectural design, innovation and development of new services within the Mimecast platform.
- Developing, deploying and managing software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting, occasionally outside of regular office hours when needed.
- Working with the infrastructure team to optimize hardware and software integration.
- Planing and negotiate with peers to meet deadlines.
- Encouraging others to perform at their best embracing 'best practice'.
- Manage your own time and priorities, without the need for micro-management.
- Working as part of a global team of 16 Dev and QA engineers
- Interactions will be with:
- Tech Ops
- Other engineering teams in Mimecast
- Service Delivery
- Core Security
Top Required Skills
· Solid experience with high concurrency applications, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems
· Experience working with high volume usercount or transactional systems
· Experience working on business critical software
Top Required Skills
· Modern Core Java 8 or proven experience in any Object Oriented language
· Knowledge developing and debugging distributed applications
· Understanding and practical application of unit testing and integration testing
· Understanding of continuous deployment using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, SCM (Git, SVN) along with code reviews
Top Desired/Nice-to-Have Skills
- Extensive knowledge of email messaging, not just sending using SMTP
- Experience with network programming including REST, HTTP and raw TCP/IP sockets
- Experience of high throughput, low latency systems
- Extensive Linux/Unix skills (e.g. RHCE, LPIC, or practical experience)
Want More Jobs Like This?