Site Reliability Engineer - API
Job ID: 2019-4172
Type: Permanent Full Time
# of Openings: 1
Due to ongoing success and demand, Mimecast continues to scale operations globally. We are looking for Software Reliability Engineers to help us develop the operational aspects of our security platform and find new ways in which we can protect our customers. Ideal candidates will share a passion for tackling complexity with simplicity and building platforms that can scale massively and are not afraid of exploring unconventional solutions. Responsibilities
- Represent the operational aspect in the team. Drive forward the best practices for monitoring, observability, and continuous deployment.
- Help design and effectively use monitoring to minimise time to discovery for production problems.
- Building and supporting tools for continuous deployment, analysis, and other operational needs.
- Supporting and trouble-shooting, occasionally outside of regular office hours when needed.
- Participate in and drive forward any operational initiatives such as containerisation and virtualisation technologies.
Skill and Experience needed:
- One of the following two:
- In depth expertise in Linux internals and system administration including configuration and troubleshooting, or:
- Established background as a software engineer with a keen interest in and wish to move towards the operational aspect.
- Hands on experience in monitoring of servers at a large scale (e.g. Nagios, Prometheus, Xymon, …) and configuration management of server farms (using tools such as mcollective, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc).
- Hands on experience with performance tuning of Linux OS (CentOS) in identifying bottlenecks such as disk I/O, memory, CPU and network issues.
- Due to the nature of this role’s responsibilities, you must be a U.S. citizen to be considered as a candidate.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including staff share scheme, private healthcare, pension, life cover, child care vouchers and an annual gym subsidization. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive to be high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.