Work Location: Eglin Air Force Base, FL
- Must be capable of engineering principles in researching, designing, and developing computer software systems in conjunction with hardware development.
- Position requires engineer to maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and operate remote control vehicles containing the following technologies: Labview software, global positioning system, network communication gear, RF communications, power system, and overall basic electronics.
- Position will require knowledge of actuators, limit switches, and FPGA programming. Engineer will be responsible for supporting the site in all engineering requirements from supporting existing systems to developing new concepts. The requirement is from vehicle platform to control room.
- Must be capable of participating in conferences for planning, coordinating and resolving problems associated with task assignments. May be assigned to a very large engineering task or a number of small complex tasks.
- May be assigned to supervise a group of engineers that has a working knowledge of computer sciences and related fields. Reports to a branch manager or engineering manager.
- Essential job functions include researching, designing and developing computer software systems; supervises and directs complex projects requiring comprehension of a complete or complex group of systems; plans, coordinates, and resolves problems associated with task assignments.
- Additional duties may be assigned to support contract/mission support requirements in job-related areas.
- Work activities are normally performed in an environmentally controlled area.
- This position will be subject to substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Must be able to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; and requires standing, sitting, bending, and must be able to lift 30 pounds. Must be able to sit at a workstation and operate a computer for long periods of time.
- A BS degree in Computer Engineering/Science is normally required for this position, with six years experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of related sciences and disciplines and expertise such that decisions can be independently made with regard to engineering tasks.
- This position requires a Secret security clearance. Candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Supports E-OMS operational objectives. Observes company Quality, Safety, Environmental, Security and Administrative policies; supports Process Improvement.
All applications are kept strictly confidential
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.