Mimecast is looking for experienced full-stack senior software engineers to join the Security Awareness engineering team.
The ideal candidate will share a passion for tackling complexity with simplicity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. We are looking for someone who can seamlessly move between the UI all the way down through API and into the data layer. All the while rising to the challenge of providing customer value and working with some of the best technologists in their subject fields.
- Experience in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders
- An ability to quickly comprehend and convert business requirement into technical solutions
- Significant and demonstrable knowledge of both SQL and no-SQL database applications such as Postgres, Cassandra, Elastic and HBase
- Significant and demonstrable development experience of HTML, CSS and other related web technologies such as Bootstrap, AngularJS and jQuery
- Significant and demonstrable experience of automated test frameworks such as JUnit
- Building high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems
- Significant and demonstrable experience of using, developing and debugging on Linux based Operating Systems
- Experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other Software Engineers
- Significant and demonstrable experience working with distributed version control systems such as Git
- Demonstrable experience working with Software Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Experience building public facing and internal REST APIs
- Experience developing software within a Micro-Service architecture
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with a focus on CI and CD
- Knowledge and/or experience with MapReduce Framework, Hadoop, HDFS
- Knowledge of email messaging and security highly advantageous
- Knowledge of network programming and protocol including REST, HTTP, SMTP and raw TCP/IP sockets
- Knowledge of authentication and integrating with other platform and vendors with protocols such as SAML, OAUTH, TOTP
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
Mimecast is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law.