D3 Engineering is the #21 company on Rochesters Chamber Top 100 List and continues to grow!
- Would you enjoy creating cutting-edge Autonomous Systems?
- Are you inspired by enabling technologies in real-world applications?
- Want to work in a collaborative, innovative environment?
D3 Engineering is seeking experienced Sr. Embedded Software Engineers to execute the complete embedded software life cycle across multiple processor platforms. The goal is to create scalable and optimized real-time embedded software systems.
D3 Engineering is an engineering services company specializing in real-time signal processing: Hardware, software, and algorithms. We develop and produce embedded systems for some of the worlds most innovative technology companies. Our work enables next-generation products for performance-critical applications in medical, industrial, automotive, and defense.
D3 offers competitive salaries as well as medical and retirement benefits. Our engineers are engaged in cutting-edge, large company projects, yet in a small company atmosphere.
Core responsibilities for this position will encompass involvement in requirements definition & architecture, software design, implementing software, unit test and software/hardware integration.
- Working with embedded processors running Bare metal, real-time operating systems and Linux on custom circuit cards. Will be responsible for a variety of technical tasks including assisting with board bring-up, developing driver and application level code, and system verification.
- Conduct and oversee code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and software/hardware integration.
- Drive process and standards improvement efforts.
- Provide technical direction and leadership in a non-supervisory capacity for complex engineering projects. Provide a high level of mentoring to other Software Engineers.
- Support project planning efforts including task definition and work effort. May develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
- Expert knowledge of embedded software and firmware development, including C and C++.
- FPGA programming experience is a plus.
- Up to date experience with an Embedded Linux platform, its configuration, board support packages, boot loaders, kernel, drivers, and application development is highly desired.
- Experience developing with GCC/GNU toolchain and Linux development tools.
- Experience with the creation of custom Embedded Linux system platforms and associated SDK using Open Embedded based tools such as Yocto.
- Experience with embedded camera and video processing is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of simulation and analysis tools including editors, compilers, linkers, debuggers, code analyzers, version control systems (GIT/SVN), software testing tools, etc.
- Experience developing drivers for SPI, I2C, Flash, Timers, GPIO, Interrupts
- Ability to read schematics and debug digital hardware using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Capable of a big picture, system oriented approach
- Solid technical leadership skills and ability to serve as a project lead
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering discipline along with 5+ years of relevant experience and/or equivalent combination. Masters Preferred.
- Demonstrated subject matter experience.
*Note: D3 Engineering does not sponsor visas.
No 3rd Parties, Please!