Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
• Methods to submit an application:
• Online submission at http://richmondcc.edu/contact-us/employment
• In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
General Description of the Position:
An Instructor, under the authority and direction of the Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer and in cooperation with the Program Coordinator, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned curriculum area.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
1. Teaches students effectively to meet student learning outcomes.
2. Holds class sessions as scheduled to meet student learning outcomes.
3. Maintains office hours as required by college policy.
4. Makes course syllabi and Instructor Course Requirements available to students no later than the first class session or the first date of the course session for Distance Learning courses. Rubrics used to evaluate specific assignments should also be made available to students.
5. Provides clearly organized and understandable instruction.
6. Provides adequate and timely feedback and evaluation of assignments.
7. Maintains a positive attitude in interactions with students and shows a genuine concern for student learning.
8. Fulfills obligations in student recruiting, advising, orientation, and registration.
9. Assists in the continual evaluation and enhancement of curricula through the planning process and departmental meetings.
10. Provides the Vice President for Instruction or his/her designee with updated Instructor’s Course Requirements that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
11. Submits accurate and complete records and reports in a timely manner in order to provide assessment data for institutional improvement.
12. Attends and participates in faculty, advisory, and assigned committee meetings designated to improve curriculum programs.
13. Participates in professional development, including back-to-industry, conference, and workshop activities that lead to professional and institutional advancement.
14. Accept other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience: Master's Degree in Engineering required. Three years of College level teaching and/or Industrial experience in an engineering field preferred. Teaching assignments may include day, evening and online/hybrid instruction. Ability to teach courses associated with all aspects of electromechanical systems. Coursework includes topics such as AC/DC and circuit analysis, Digital electronics, PLC, microcontrollers, mechanical components, electromechanical systems, robotics and automation systems, h
Ability to teach courses associated with all aspects of electromechanical systems. Coursework includes such topics as AC/DC theory, programmable logic controllers, industrial motor controls, hydraulics and pneumatics, Process control & Instrumentation, manufacturing quality control, Engineering Graphics, mechanical components used in industrial machine operation, CAD and other related topics.
Position Available: June 1, 2020. Application review begins: April 1, 2020. To apply: the RCC Application and copies of college transcripts must be received to be considered for the position. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Scale. $46,621-$69,979, Commensurate with experience, Full-time.
Name: Gaye Clark
Address: P O Box 1189
State/Province: North Carolina
Country: United States