First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager, Engineering for our First Quality Retail Services Group. This position will be located in King of Prussia, PA.
In this role you will lead engineers and technicians in the development, design, debugging and project management of prototype processes and production lines. Provide expertise in the management of outside vendors and the design of a machine for long-term production, ease of maintenance, and ease of operation. Be able to assess new projects providing a timeline and costing estimates. Assure all associates develop to their career potential.
• Promote world-class project management systems and methodologies with respect to machine modifications, rebuilds and capital projects.
• Initiate and maintain standardized maintenance systems and methodologies across the plant to include preventive maintenance, parts procurement, machine troubleshooting, and documentation.
• Management to achieve a balance and coordination technical strategy that can be executed on a daily basis in the plant.
• Provide coaching and direction to develop line support strategies that improve mechanical and electrical reliability.
• Work with external contractors to promote maximum efficiency and service to the plant
• Maintain an ongoing assessment of technical training requirements and acquire training resources to achieve overall technical skills development and improved problem solving, project execution, etc.
• Develop and maintain effective links and communication with external technical resources and the technical community at large to identify continuous improvement and/or world-class methodologies to improve Technical Service Group Performance
• Foster group decision making and team work through open and honest communications, constructive feedback, delegating authority, respect and personal dignity of every associate.
• Provide leadership for cross functional project teams.
• Develop and track IDP’s, objectives, attendanc
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or 5+ years Absorbent Hygiene leadership experience
• A minimum of 5 years of experience with project management, design of production machinery/ plant layout, and commissioning of new or refurbished manufacturing lines.
• Highly developed project management skills to include formalized methodology.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please visit our website at www.firstquality.com & click on the Caree
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such,
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.