Location: Avon, CO 81620 US (Primary)
Job Type: Full-time
Exemption Type: Exempt
Education: Bachelor's Degree
The mission of this position is to strengthen BG's client relationships, further BG's positive industry reputation and advance BG's technical proficiency by providing quality consulting and design solutions in this discipline.
Mechanical Knowledge and Accountability
Project Managers with a Mechanical emphasis may be responsible for the holistic design and specification of building HVAC systems, plumbing systems, mechanical control systems, energy calculations, applicable codes and standards, sustainable construction practices, and connection and impact coordination with other building systems. Mechanical PMs will also be well-versed in general knowledge of other building systems (electrical/lighting, technology, structural, fire/life safety), architectural design and programming, design methodology, and construction methods and processes.
The Project Engineer works with a variety of project teams and collaborates directly with Project Managers, project team members and other members of this discipline team.
- Delivering technical consulting and design services as a discipline lead on a variety of small to mid-sized projects - on schedule and within budget
- Managing workflow and deliverables for multiple projects to meet the demands of ongoing schedules
- Positive review by related Project Managers
- Customer-facing project discussions and meetings including presenting ideas and recommendations, organizing design solutions, and resolving design conflicts
- Mentoring less-experienced staff in this discipline
- Leading discipline teams of 2+ people
- System troubleshooting systems issues in the field
Project Design Leadership
Develop systems design packages from project kickoff through construction administration; delegate tasks to junior staff
Project deadline commitments are met which are within project budget and meet BG's QA/QC requirements
Client Relations/ Strategy Development
Increase BG's pipeline of opportunities
Desirable revenue increase
Junior discipline staff develop rapidly in their technical skill and consulting acumen
Junior staff in the local office achieve warranted and successful promotion at a fast pace. Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Assistant Project Management: Duties to directly support Project Managers and potentially to study/learn the PM role
- Client Relationship Development: Collaborate with project teams to develop and execute client relationship development
- Support technical standards development commensurate with technical expertise
Beyond an applicable degree from an accredited higher education institution, BG evaluates each candidate based on multiple factors including but not limited to practical knowledge, industry-related certifications and/or licensure,years of experience, and personal and professional skills and competencies.