Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment? Do you have a deep appreciation and passion for the world of engineering? If so, then Radio Systems might be the perfect place for you! We are currently seeking a Entry Level Engineer to join our team in Knoxville, TN! In this global role, you will collaborate with the entire Engineering team in both the US and China to create product designs for embedded battery operated devices (NPD, Sustaining) for pet products.
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where's that you say? Let's talk about what's famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called The Marble City and "Scruffy City", names we have embraced as our own. And, what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World's Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Click here for the Ale Trail . If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public-school systems, no state income tax and low property taxes and cost of living. If you like outdoor art, we have Music and Shakespeare on the Square, Family Movie Nights on the Square during the summer months in lovely downtown Knoxville.
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe Brand, SportDOG Brand and Invisible Fence Brand. PetSafe Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
What you will do on our Engineering Team:
- Provide electrical concepts in support of project initiatives that will aid in the advancement of RSC product lines and broaden RSC's technical platforms and features
- Determine electrical technical feasibility of new technology proposals
- Develop new product specifications (wide range of technologies including RF)
- Create electrical designs in support of new technology efforts
- Schematic development and PCB layout (PADS preferred)
- Low volume PCBA builds (part-time assistance available)
- Works with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to optimize compatibility of electrical and mechanical portions of product design
- Works closely with the project lead throughout ideation, concept development, and feasibility testing
- Completes summary documentation, including research white papers
- Executes the company's Intellectual Property Strategy by recognizing and disclosing inventions and supporting patent applications
- Monitors and supports designs throughout transfer from Innovations team to Engineering team
- Supports development of instruction manuals, training manuals, and other consumer service information during technology transfer phase
- Actively participates in and conducts competitive product analysis
- Mentors technicians and other electrical engineers to promote growth within the organization
- Supports sustaining tasks for owned designs as well as providing technical support to production facing teams.
- 4-year Electrical or Electronics Bachelor's Degree
- 1 year of electronic design experience
- Proficient user of Schematic Capture and PCB Layout software (PADS)
- Advanced level of MS Office software (Word and Excel)
- Proficient user of graphical presentation and documentation tools
- Exceptional at building and testing prototype PCBA and breadboards
- Experience in a wide array of technologies is preferred
- Contribute to a high-performing, motivated work group by applying collaboration skills to achieve project goals
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 10%
Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits. We offer a collaborative and creative team-oriented work environment where we encourage you to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K match. In addition, we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog to work, which is our whole reason for what we do!