We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Project Engineer located in the Mission Viejo, CA office.
The Structural Framing Division of MiTek® Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is driven to provide innovative structural solutions to the commercial building industry focused around Building Envelope Design, Manufacturing, Steel Framing and Structural Engineered Designs.
Our Specialty Engineering Department is looking for a talented Project Engineer who will develop and produce Structural designs and contract documents for new and retrofit building/structural projects including, but not limited to, schools, offices, sporting facilities, hospitals and medical office buildings.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Calculate cost and determine financial feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data.
• Create computer models using preliminary drawings and/or design criteria.
• Develop and draw project design details for construction.
• Develop Solutions to support Brick Wall
• Produce safe and efficient structural engineering solutions.
• Prepare structural calculations and drawings for submission to Engineers of Record and Authorities having jurisdiction.
• Review shop drawings and requests for information (RFI's).
• Understand project schedules and deliver contract documents on time.
• Train Design Engineers on how to perform their essential duties and lead by example.
• Develop curtain wall frame solutions.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Will serve as a mentor and share knowledge and skills with Design Engineers and Seasonal Employees.
To perform job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
• Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Judgment & Problem Solving - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
• Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Puts success of team above own interests; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Excellent knowledge of the following codes:
o ACI 318
o ASCE 7
o AISC 341/360
• Excellent knowledge of the following structural materials:
o Glass (not required but preferred)
• Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering, MS degree preferred.
• Excellent understanding of statics, dynamics, and structural load path.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in structural engineering.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret applicable building codes, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical publications, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as calculus, algebraic formulas, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office and proficient skills in Word and Excel, as well as various structural engineering software platforms, including SAP2000/ETABS to analyze. Knowledge in Excel VBA is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer is preferred
• Licensed as a Structural Engineer is preferred
If subject to license requirements or professional development hours as stipulated by a state agency now or in the future, compliance is required.
Typical office environment
There is no travel required for this position. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2apply.net/rtw4p5jfwkskbkvp