Senior Project Engineer or Project Manager
● Perform civil engineering work on project plans for both private and public sector work including site development, commercial development plans, and subdivisions.
● Responsible for the overall engineering of the project, plan preparation, permitting, reports, etc.
● Monitor the project’s budget, monitor its schedule, and maintain client contact and relationship.
● Design of subdivisions, grading plans, earthwork volumes and storm drainage calculations, design of utilities, including storm and sanitary sewers, paving, watermain, waterlines, waterline sizing, and street improvements.
● Completes design calculations. Researches code requirements and design procedures manuals.
● Verifies design computations and plan detailing for conformance with codes, manuals, and design considerations.
● Utilizes CAD and various software applications. Seeks technical information from peers when problems are encountered and expected to be outside of one’s own area of expertise.
● Prepares correspondence, technical specifications and reports. Attends and participates at client and municipal meetings.
● Communicates with project team members, client representatives, review agencies, and others as appropriate to project.
● Coordinates final design computations with review agencies.
● Prepares opinions of cost, quantities, periodic reports, pay estimates, and data necessary to document acceptability of materials and quantities for final payment. Capable of dealing with multiple responsibilities concurrently. Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client, project and/or business demands.