Our client, a global security and aerospace company, is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. Solving complex challenges and delivering innovative solutions to help customers keep people safe and provide them essential services, our client is hiring for the following critical need:
Logistics Management Analyst 2
(U.S. Citizenship Required*)
Fort Worth, TX
- Assist Import Control with
- classifying items pending import classification instructions,
- proactively classifying items currently in SAP GTS system not assigned US HTS,
- reviewing currently assigned HTS classifications and updating as necessary,
- remaining current with legislative changes in additional tariff classifications as well as scheduled updates/changes to HTSUS
- maintaining necessary updates and notations in SAP/GTS,
- identifying and gaining access to proprietary information databases for the purposes of classification,
- evaluating and providing guidance on use of chapter 9801-9802 provisions,
- providing internal training on advanced classification topics.
- May research and assist in determining eligibility for foreign trade agreements, determine participating government agency regulation, applicability of ADD/CVD regulations, partner with different internal groups to support project work
- Review current HTSUS classifications to vet or correct as needed
- Partner with
- export classification specialist for project/assistance
- other business units for projects as needed
- ITC and Brokerage firms to determine OGA status
- Train Import Control teammates
- Remain current in all additional specialized tariffs
- Maintain GTS HTS classifications, including additional regulations such as ADD/CVD, specialized tariffs, relevant binding rulings, and information specific to the product in GTS notes
- Potentially assist in evaluate FTA feasibility, work with programs to obtain necessary documentation, maintain yearly blanket documentation
- Potentially maintain and provide to forwarders FTA blanket statements
- Potentially support B schedule import activities
- Control efficient flow of goods, services, and information between points of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives.
- Ensure execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration and related functions.
- Build relationships with strategic customers through logistics initiatives.
- Integrate learning from customers, competitors, operating entities, distribution, transportation, customer service, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position.
- Expert reading, understanding, and applying data in HTSUS, including General Rules of Interpretation, Additional Rules, and Section and Chapter notes.
- Expert using explanatory notes, published binding rulings, informed compliance publications, customs bulletins
- Expert understanding Federal Code of Regulations Title 19 part 10 and 152 as it applies to requirements of classification and applying it to specific classification scenarios.
- Experience understanding detailed product literature and determining best contact group for clarification and additional details.
- Previous work employed by an importer preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Able to work independently while integrating projects with wider team environment required.
- High level of reading comprehension required.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Adept at working professionally with personnel of different knowledge, skill sets, and priorities required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite required.
- Experience with SAP / GTS preferred
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years’ experience or Master’s and 2-6 years.
- Degree in legal, business management, or supply chain.
- 5+ years’ experience researching and classifying under HTSUS wide range of products with little direct supervision
Conditions of Employment:
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
About Our Company:
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with a high standard of quality products and services. For two decades, our reputation has been built on this dedication and the long-term relationships developed with some of the most prestigious companies in the aerospace and defense industries. These business relationships give you the opportunity to not only find a job but to find one you can value and enjoy. We will be dedicated to you and to making your career a success.
Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Join a team that values your experience!