Traffic Engineer | Civil Engineer
Are you a Traffic | Project Engineer who is a logical thinker concerned with facts and details?
Do you want to work as a Traffic | Project Engineer for a fast growing, innovative and entrepreneurial firm where your skills and imagination create your career path?
As a Civil Engineer are you able to process and retain complex information and make accurate decisions quickly?
Do your skills as a Project Engineer | Traffic Engineer include excellent customer service skills and can you manage a project from cradle to grave?
Are you a Project Engineer who likes to work independently, is orderly and efficient? If so, read on!
We are looking for a Project Engineer to complete traffic engineering projects associated with signal timing. This Project Engineer will be responsible for the engineering projects from start to completion including planning, design, and deployment.
A day in the life of the Project Engineer includes:
- Analyze data including traffic volume counts, intersection spacing, and signal properties to come up with adaptive system configurations.
- Use traffic simulation tools to test and validate adaptive configurations.
- Deploy and “turn on" adaptive system either on-site or remotely. Monitor closely during the initial deployment stage.
- Use monitoring tools to observe real-time traffic flow and conditions.
- Daily interaction with clients to discuss past, current, and future projects, involving troubleshooting, project design, and project proposals.
- Support field personnel and/or clients if issues arise.
- Occasional travel for site analysis, data collection, field validation, and system configuration. Work with clients/contractors to confirm hardware installation. Travel up to 30%.
- Generate Before and After traffic studies.
- Maintain internal support systems and periodically review solution performance
- Develop and improve adaptive traffic scheduling algorithms.
What we are looking for:
- Comfortable working with advanced features of PCs.
- Extensive academic background in Transportation/Traffic Engineering.
- Ability to analyze data in mixed formats and come up with creative solutions to solve problems.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work extended hours for several days stretches.
- Experience with traffic engineering software including Synchro, VISSIM, CORSIM, Tru-Traffic.
- Experience with manual signal timing and/or traffic simulation.
- Familiarity with basic traffic terminology (phasing, splits, offsets, cycle lengths) and advanced traffic concepts (programming 170 controllers, etc).
- Familiarity with Remote Desktop Protocol, virtual machines (VMware, Microsoft Virtual PC), TCP/IP, and XML.
- Experience with internal network design and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of current interconnect communication technologies.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Traffic Engineering, or related field.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting salary $55,000 to $60,000
- Excellent benefits
If you are ready to take your career to the next level click the "Apply" button today!
Next Level Performers and their clients are Equal Opportunity Employers
Key Words: Synchro, VISSIM, CORSIM, Tru-Traffic, Civil Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Engineering, Project Engineer, Traffic Engineer
Name: scott holsman