Chemical Process Engineers
Immediate opportunities for Chemical Process Engineers with Materion in Lincoln, RI; Milwaukee, WI and Elmore, OH!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gain an in-depth technical knowledge of Processing Equipment.
- Organizing and leading equipment maintenance and equipment enhancement efforts.
- Respond quickly and decisively to machine break downs and product quality issues all shifts/all days.
- Lead project teams.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for processes.
- Develop process control systems to ensure consistent product quality.
- Oversee the manufacture of quality products.
- Meet with operators regularly for training and seek feedback.
- Develop and maintain process routings for products.
- Assess capability for new product inquiries and develop cost quotations.
- Assist customers and work with Sales, R&D and QA in the resolution of customer issues and complaints.
- Support the Lean Sigma program.
- Provide data analysis and statistical process control.
- Support the Safety Program including leading department safety teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide technical support for Primary Operations: Whiting Arc Furnace, Induction Melting and Casting (Old and New Cast Shops), and Furnace Rebuild.
- Initiate, lead, track, and report progress on projects to improve electrical arc furnace, melting and casting, yield and productivity. Lead project teams.
- Assist operations in developing operator proficiency in electric arc furnace operations, melting and casting, and other processing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Ceramic Engineering.
- Min 3 years of experience in chemical or manufactured chemical environment.
- Experience working in the production area.
- PSM knowledge, with direct experience or certification as a plus.
- Proven capability to uphold safe manufacturing practices and experience contributing to a safety culture.
- DCS/PLC experience.
- Project leadership experience for Continuous Improvement and corrective action teams.
- Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma experience/LEAN.
- 8D experience/Corrective Action experience.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment.
- Effective facilitation skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong investigative and problem solving skills.
- Solid mechanical and controls aptitude.
- Ability to work well on teams with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Willingness to learn new skills, work habits and procedures.
- Computer proficiency in spreadsheets and data analysis.
- Ability to initiate creative processing methods.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
Materion Corp. is a multinational company specializing in high-performance engineered materials. Among their products are precious and non-precious metals, inorganic chemicals, specialty coatings, beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium, beryllium copper alloys, ceramics and engineered clad and plated metal systems.