Chemical Laboratory Technician
- Perform all laboratory and manufacturing related tasks in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
- Conduct laboratory testing to monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
- Develop analytical methods to test incoming raw materials and approve outgoing products.
- Create first pass yield results for COAs and report to Quality manager.
- Generate Certificates of Acceptance and Analysis and communicate results to manufacturing team.
- Ensure adherence to ISO9001 procedures and work instructions.
- Work closely with the manufacturing team to assist in:
- scheduling quality testing so that production proceeds as rapidly as possible
- assist in re-work of work-in-process
- disposition of non-conforming product from the floor or the field.
- Recognize and report quality problems and deviances in work flow to Quality Manager, assist in product containment and root cause investigation, initiate proper follow up to ensure corrective actions have taken place.
- Calibrate and troubleshoot lab instrumentation as necessary.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products and processes following standardized formulas.
- Maintain and clean laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Order and inventory materials in order to maintain supplies.
- Conduct programs of sampling and analysis to comply with quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products.
- Approve and release incoming components and chemicals using approved sampling plan and test methods to comply with quality standards.
- Conduct quality review of all incoming COAs and new safety data sheets.
- Interact in a professional manner with manufacturing personnel.
- Use proper record keeping protocols.
- Proficiency with Good Documentation Practices (GDP) including but not limited to results, observations and technical reports.
· AS degree in chemistry or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 3-5 years of hands on work experience with gas chromatography (must have it),
3+yr of lab procedures, and working in a quality/manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Ability to work independently.
· Understanding of general laboratory etiquette, excellent trouble shooting and communication skills required.
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
· Proficiency in Agilent OpenLab software a plus.