We currently have a few clients in the Houston area (and elsewhere) looking for additions to staff in the production team. General summation would be to identify and implement improvements to processes and procedures that will increase capacity, reduce cost; improve safety and quality of company’s global supply chain manufacturing processes. Troubleshoot existing processes to improve on stream time and operating efficiency. Work in a team environment with operations and other members of the Unit Operating Teams. Identify opportunities to improve mechanical and instrumentation reliability. Utilize process improvement methodologies to increase client's profits.
- Track operating performance and product quality of production units. Identify causes of departure from standard and initiate corrective actions.
- Troubleshoot existing processes and initiate corrective actions to improve on stream time and operating efficiency.
- Identify and implement improvements to processes and procedures that will increase capacity, reduce production cost, improve safety and quality of chemical manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical coverage for plant trials and startups.
- Write operating procedures and provide training for chemical operators.
- Propose changes in programming logic that will lead to improved process safety, quality, or production efficiency.
- Develop in depth expertise on process equipment used at the plants such as reactors, agitators, heat exchangers, pumps, and filters.
- Write and obtain approvals for MCR’s (Manufacturing Change Requests) and PCF’s (Process Change Forms) in support of process improvements.
- Lead or be a member of PPA (potential problem analysis), JSA (job safety analysis), and PHAs (process hazard analysis teams.
- Develop PFDs, P&IDs, mass and energy balances for modified processes.
- Develop project scopes for small capital projects.
- Specify new process equipment including updating/revising equipment specification sheets.
- Work with equipment vendors and operations to aide in selection.
- Perform data and statistical analysis to make sound processing decisions.
- Provide relief coverage for supervision in production units.
- Other duties as assigned.
Chemical Engineering degree and Production Engineering experience in a chemical processing plant and some of these key skill sets:
- Self-Motivated: Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Teamwork: Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others and work effectively in a team environment.
- Honesty / Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative: Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Organized: Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral: Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written: Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented: Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you.
We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
Visit our updated website at www.searchenterprises.com to browse available job opportunities, candidates, industry news, and more.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.