Brindley Pieters & Associates, Inc. has an opening in our Maitland, Florida office for a Civil Design Engineer.
- Master Planning.
- Calculations and preparation of engineering documents in accordance with the latest prevailing codes.
- Projects providing civil design, drainage design, civil site plans, design for sewer and water mains, roadway design, runways/taxiways, and other designs as needed.
- Permit applications and submittals.
- Field inspections and construction observations.
- Coordinating the project with City, State and County officials and other outside agencies.
- Participate in presentations, interviews and project and client meetings.
- Assume a significant responsibility for meeting schedule and quality goals.
- Accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects; coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform and direct project designs and calculations for projects.
- Knowledgeable in utilizing discipline-specific design software.
- Prepare construction cost estimates including quantity takeoffs and the identification of unit prices for individual cost items.
- Prepare and oversee project documentation.
- Provide engineering services during construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; prepare records and progress reports defining construction progress; observe construction procedures, and evaluate the results from quality control testing.
- Research feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Develop specifications and permit applications, and write miscellaneous reports.
- Prepare preliminary staff-hour, cost and material quantity estimates.
- Participate in quality control checks, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, checking computations, and/or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- Coordinate with other disciplines as required.
· Active Professional Engineer License in Florida.
· B.S. in Civil Engineering.
· 6 years applicable experience.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Experience using AutoCAD.
· Understanding of site, drainage, and utility design.
· Strong technical written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and with other team members.
· A valid driver's license and a good driving record.