We have an immediate opening for an experienced AWS Cloud Solution Engineer to help drive our information management strategy. We are in the process of moving our enterprise data infrastructure to AWS and are seeking a Big Data Architect to mature and improve our use of cloud based technologies for the development of enterprise data management capabilities in data warehousing, metadata management, ETL frameworks and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints that are aligned with the Information Management strategy
- Create solution patterns and standards for relevant data management capabilities and work with delivery teams to ensure successful implementation and refinement.
- Review existing ETL architecture and frameworks to improve performance, manage costs and drive efficiencies.
- Research new innovations in the market and AWS services to improve our platforms. Perform technology and product assessments to recommend changes to our target architecture and roadmap.
- Work with technical teams to lead the development of POCs or pilots to evaluate and test new technologies/services/capabilities. Help drive a culture of “continuous learning” and “fail fast”.
- Communicate architectural plans (target architecture & roadmaps) and ensure alignment on both business and technical solution architecture across multiple teams and departments.
- Partner with Infrastructure and InfoSec to design physical architecture that can deliver resiliency, performance and safety that is required by the process and organization.
- In close partnership with Delivery Manager, manage technical risks, stakeholders and architectural / technical milestones.
- Mentor junior architects and technical staff.
- Provide delivery teams with non-functional and architectural requirements
- Ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture and compliance with Architecture Governance processes.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong, hands-on experience delivering data solutions in AWS.
- Hands-on experience with big data technologies such as S3, Redshift, Aurora, Athena, Glue, EMR, DMS and can explain their varied use cases.
- Hand-on experience with designing and implementing robust development frameworks in PySpark
- Solid understanding of CI/CD
- Proven track record of success collaborating with business customers, engineers, QA and business analysts within a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience as an architect in one or more complex enterprise environments
- Demonstrated experience in defining technology standards and governance processes as part of a Competency Center
- Strong (written & spoken) communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to influence outcomes
- Good verbal & written communication skills with ability to document implementations using MS-Word, Excel and Visio for presentations in PowerPoint or similar tools
- Masters degree in Computer Science
- AWS Architect certification
- 10+ years experience as a data warehouse architect and have delivered solutions for data movement, data obfuscation (data masking), record retention (Deletion and Archival), data infrastructure/security, operational data stores (ODS), enterprise data warehouses, data lakes and reporting/analytics.
- Strong experience in an Agile/ Scrum Development Environment, specifically with providing architectural support into Agile teams and driving architectural spikes.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment as an architect
- Experience with other Cloud Data Warehouses (Big Query, Snowflake);
- Knowledge of provider-sponsored health insurance systems/processes and the Healthcare industry
- Proficiency with graph and noSQL databases
- Proficiency with ML and advanced analytical technologies and services on AWS.
- AWS Big Data Architect certification