We are currently working with a small privately held architectural engineering firm that provides commercial/retail/industrial, multi-use, and residential services to identify an Architectural or Structural Designer / Drafter. This company is at the point in their growth where they are adding to their staff to support upcoming projects. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity offering a competitive wage and benefits package.
This company offers a small office environment where unlike working for a large firm, everyone works very hands on all projects, there is less hierarchy, and they have the ability to work projects from soup to nuts with both engineering and architectural disciplines coming together. The environment is laid back and down to earth, where everyone is focused on working hard and continuing to grow the business. As part of this growth, they are also in the process of continuing to develop their internal systems and standards. Every project they work on is unique, offering the chance for a lot of variety vs. working on repetitious projects with a systematic approach.
This position will work as part of a team in a deadline sensitive environment and be responsible for:
• Designing/Detailing architectural and / or structural elements for buildings and other structures
• Assessing building codes
• Drafting of building plans and site plans
• Detailing of building components
• Proper filing of drawings
• Maintaining standards and working with others in the company to develop CAD standards
• Preparing construction documents and drafting support for assigned projects
• Creating specifications
• Preparing sketches, renderings, and presentation materials for projects
• Attending project / site meetings
The successful incumbent of this position will have a sense of urgency towards deadlines, be willing to put in the extra effort in order to meet deadlines, have a team player mentality, and strong organizational skills.
• 2+ years of experience in design/detailing architectural and or structural elements for buildings or other structures
• Experience with both architectural and engineering drawings
• Strong design background in AutoCAD
• Understanding of building codes
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
• Experience with Revit, SketchUp, Rhino
• Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and structural systems