Viking Resource Group has an immediate opening for a Chemical Project Engineer at a growing manufacturing company located in the Middletown, NY area. The right candidate will have flavors/fragrance industry experience.
Job duties for this exciting, growth oriented position include:
- Learning all chemical processes and operations within the facility
- Preparing for upcoming projects and jobs
- Providing engineering and operational support to the chemical plant, labs and facility
- Selecting appropriate vendors
- Providing cost estimates for projects
- Providing process evaluation and calculations as needed
- Developing and writing operational instructions for process and facility equipment
- Maintaining equipment logs PM program and repair data
The right candidate for this position will have a BS in Chemical Engineering, and solid experience in manufacturing of chemical products in the flavors and fragrance industry. Will train as needed on the specific company procedures.
The ideal candidate would have experience as a Chemical Process Engineer or some Chemical Project Engineering experience and be looking for a long term, growth oriented role in the industry.
- Must have a BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Ideally will have 3-5 years of experience as a Chemical Process or Project Engineer in a manufacturing environment
- Flavors/Fragrance industry experience is a big plus. Some knowledge of the industry is required.
- Must have very strong computer skills - MS Word/Excel/Access; SAP; some knowledge of CAD a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized and focused
- Must be able to pass a physical, drug test and background check
- Must live within a reasonable commute of the Middletown, NY area