Position: Chemical Production Engineer
Location: Huntington, WV Area
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience plus Bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
Position Summary: The Chemical Production Engineer will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize operating unit key process variables to drive process and product improvements while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus. Apply technical knowledge to detect causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption or provide training to less experienced engineers.
· Develop and Implement systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, equipment reliability, cost and quality.
· Follow and direct day to day plant operations.
· Participate and/or lead Reliability Improvement team and sub teams.
· Develop initial scope and business case for improvements projects. Review PDPs for Process Engineers to ensure project scope completeness and that the project will satisfy all desired process benefits.
· Primary person responsible for project commissioning and start-up activities. Assist in developing commissioning and start-up procedures for new equipment.
· Lead root cause analysis studies to resolve plant process and equipment related issues.
· Provide technical data for Environmental events such as process leaks, HRVOC exceedances, RQ’s, etc.
· Participate, lead, and approve MOCs and PSSRs and to participate in PHAs.
· Responsible for review and resolution of action items as a result of HES, ISO, Insurance audits and PHA studies.
· Monitor intermediate and product analyses and statistical data.
· Responsible for specifying or approving process conditions to produce new or modified products in conjunction with the Quality representative.
· Assists in the investigation and resolution of customer complaints and nonconforming products.
· Develop, modify and/or review operational procedures.
· Help coordinate and plan special product trials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering with 5+ years of experience working as a chemical engineer with relevant experience in the petrochemical or chemical process industries.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Knowledge of process simulation software such as Aspen Plus.
- Possess skills to be able to contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results.
- Incumbent must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communications as well as computer skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, establishes facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience in polymer processes preferred
Name: John Spindler
Ph: 843-815-9111 ext 229