- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices of science to complete assignments.
- Reviews completed project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Develops new techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products.
- Assists upper level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
- Supervises all staff necessary to complete assignments.
- Oversees all aspects of multiple projects ensuring on-time and under budget project completion.
- Prepares proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects.
- Successfully works directly with owners, user groups, vendors, suppliers, manufacturer representatives, code authorities, as well as, co-workers such as architects, structural and mechanical engineers, project managers, administrative staff and others to provide high quality, well-
- Coordinated and technically proficient site engineering design solutions for a variety of project assignments.
- Actively participates in project meetings during design and construction activities to represent the company. It is possible that some of these meetings may require travel involving both day trips and some overnight stays to out of town project locations.
- Communicates civil/site design through Civil 3D drawings (primarily) or sketches. Prepares the appropriate written (or edited) specification sections.
- Leads or self-directs site visits to evaluate various site facilities in advance for the preparation of appropriate project design and construction phasing solutions.
- Actively supports strategic goals of the firm, departments, and managers and understands how your actions contribute to them.
- Operates in a cross-functional capacity; as workflow demands change it may be necessary to support other production requirements as part of a project team.
- Takes an active role in trade organizations aligned with the work for the department.
- Demonstrates a high level of Civil 3D proficiency, REVIT capabilities and knowledge are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Exhibits “self-starter” characteristics coupled with a track record of completing scheduled project deliverables on time and on budget.
- Able to properly assess and take appropriate action to identify problems and solutions during design or in the field construction.
- Exhibits a high sense of personal motivation and urgency.
- Able to supervise and mentor team members, delegating work effectively and as appropriate.
- Willing to perform activities not specified here, that may become necessary as the Company, position or the marketplace evolves with the changing business environment
- Exhibits ability to delegate work as driven by project schedule and provide supervision for tasks
Ideal Education, Registrations and Experience:
- BS or Masters in Civil Engineering from a ABET accredited institution.
- 4-10+ years’ experience with progressive increase in responsibility.
- Professional registration as PE.
- Professional registration as LEED accredited professional prior to or within 12 months of employment.
Name: Ahmed Mohammed