Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety
Our client is an industry leader and in this role you’ll manage environmental health and safety of a $200 million; 400+ person plant. This is a key role in a plant that works primarily with sheet metal and we’re seeking someone to focus on Environmental, Health and Safety policies, procedures and training within the plant. Plans, guides, and implements organization environmental, health and safety programs to ensure corporate environmental responsibility, and a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. This is a direct hire position.
- Development and monitoring of environmental, health and safety policies and/or practices to augment legal requirements and corporate policies and practices.
- Incident investigations to insure prompt corrective action is taken to minimize company exposure to future incidents and provide a legal record when needed.
- Manage industrial hygiene program to monitor and control personal and general work area exposures. Examples include; noise, heat stress, ergonomics, chemical exposure and radiation.
- Monitor, review and evaluate site’s exposure to risk of injury and loss. Inform and assist site management in taking action as necessary towards prevention and control.
- Assist requester in the review of new equipment and specification to determine if all safety and health hazards have been identified and proper precautions put in place prior to operation. This includes formal review following installation to ensure incorporation of any required additions.
- Evaluation of necessity and the appropriate selection of personal protective equipment and implement a proper training program for its use.
- Ensure the development of effective EH&S training Programs. Assist supervisors in the delivery of training to employees of all required environmental, health and safety programs.
- Assist in the setup and coordination of site safety committees and act as a reference for these committees.
- Qualify, select and manage outside EH&S consultants/ resources, according to a strict scope of work to perform work necessary to supplement internal resources.
- Develop and implement a program/system to track required metrics for reporting and monitor performance for continuous improvement.
- Work with corporate in the implementation and tracking of EHS items including corporate metrics, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as the primary contact between local government agencies for EH&S concerns. This includes, but not limited to permitting, tracking, inspections, and reporting.
- Address IDLH (immediate danger to life and health) by protecting employees by implementing immediate fixes including, but not limited to, removing equipment from service, stopping production and work stoppage.
- 4 Year Degree in Engineering, Environmental, Safety, or Industrial Hygiene discipline
- Minimum of five years of related experience - with some experience in manufacturing. (Applicable experience of 5 years of experience with an ASP or CSP may be used in lieu of educational requirements).
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA, DOL (Department of Labor), DOH (Department of Health), EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and local regulations.
- Working knowledge, experience, and competence in managing and maintaining EHS Management Systems i.e. ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and other third-party certificates
- Knowledge of local, state and federal environmental, health and safety laws and regulations