ESG Automotive is the go-to source for electrical engineering consulting in the automotive industry. Join ESG Automotive’s team and help create the technology of tomorrow.
Job Title: Advanced Connected Services Development Lead
Location: Dearborn, MI
What you’ll be doing:
The Connected Services Development Lead will lead the team of advanced feature owners and system engineers (see attached descriptions that follow) to provide the initial framing of first level business and product requirements (the ‘whats’) and initial technical development and deployment options (the ‘how’) for connected services. This individual will also provide end to end architectural direction
- Aggregate and Document first level business and product requirements for new or enhanced connected services
- Communicate and iterate with business stakeholders (mktg, planning, etc) to refine product requirements and deployment options
- Coordinate with planning and technical teams to establish, assess and narrow deployment options
- Ideate and evaluate technical deployment options for new and enhanced connected services
- Establish and document initial architectural and design assumptions
- Understand current foundational capabilities of system and leverage them effectively to minimize development cost and time
- Perform initial failure mode analysis to insure system is robust to obvious scenarios
- Establish initial customer experience and UI assumptions including key customer facing performance metrics of system
- Manage and ‘own’ feature as it proceeds down the development life cycle ‘V’ insuring development aligns with initial requirements and is adequately validated at the system and end user level.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation with bonuses
- Excellent benefits including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401k with employer match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous paid time off package including Vacation, Personal/Sick, and Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Dynamic place to work with variety of projects
- Strong work/life balance
- Opportunity for growth
Let the innovative developments and newest technologies in the world of electronics captivate you.
ESG Automotive Inc. is a sound and steadily growing company. As part of the ESG Group, it is able to offer committed employees the professional environment of an internationally active company with locations in the USA and Europe. For five decades, the ESG Group has been developing, integrating and selling electronics and IT systems and is regarded as a high-tech company for technology transfer between different markets.
Due to our broad range of customers and our activities in future-oriented industries, we offer challenging tasks and activities. Technology and consulting are entwined in all areas of our business. Shorter chains of communication and an open corporate culture make for a straightforward and pleasant working environment in which our employees are able to grow and develop.
As we operate in the high-tech sector, we place particularly high demands on our employees: In addition to solid specialist knowledge and industry experience, we are looking for professional and quality-oriented individuals who are customer-oriented and are able to quickly integrate in multi-disciplinary teams.
What you need for this position:
- BS in Engineering or similar technical discipline and/or exposure to connected or consumer services
- Understanding of foundational business constraints and modeling
- Exposure to product requirements development and product management
- Solid Communication skills
- Proven ability to focus on customer needs and experience
- Technical background in automotive systems or end to end consumer applications deployment and development
- Proven ability to manage a technical team
- >3 years of experience in managing or specifying connected, infotainment, automotive, or consumer services
- >3 years of experience in effectively managing a technical
- 1 year of product management experience
- 1 year of business development experience
- 1 year of User Experience or Interface design
- 3 Years experience in Software or Systems technical development including architecture definition
- 3 Years experience in wireless, automotive, or consumer electronics systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of system engineering process, methods, and tools