Cobham is seeking a Sr. Aerospace Structural Design Engineer that will guide design and development of auxiliary fuselage fuel tanks used for air refueling applications. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Conceptualize, design, qualify, and document aircraft structural components and systems.
- Work with Designers and Structural Analysis Engineers to optimize designs.
- Oversee work by in-house and contract Designers and Analysts.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers to present design development outputs.
- Interfaces with procurement and manufacturing to facilitate transition from design to production.
- Review customer system requirements and lead decomposition to lower level requirements.
- Travel internationally and domestically to support design review and qualification activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in aerospace structures design.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Creo.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing aerospace structural components while considering materials, treatment methods, surface coatings and tempering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing aerospace structural components while considering metal forming, machining, and joining manufacturing processes.
- Minimum 1 year of experience presenting complex data and information to people including engineering, management, and customers.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master’s Degree in related Engineering Discipline.
- Design experience or familiarity with CATIA.
- Leadership & team management skills, ability to motivate & develop others.
- Very good written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and understand technical requirements and reports.
- Organizational skills and ability prioritize daily activities to meet department objectives.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.