Position: Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Location: Champaign IL, Area
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits, Retirement & Relocation
EHS Manager-Position Summary:
Plans and coordinates environmental, health and safety program requiring application of engineering principles and technology to analyze and control conditions contributing to occupational hazards and diseases.
Position is heavily weighted towards hands on environmental experience.
EHS Manager-Position Responsibilities:
· Develops and implements programs and policies for monitoring, controlling, and preventing chemical, physical, and biological hazards at the facility.
· Surveys, compiles, and analyzes data relating to occupational and environmental health issues such as chemical exposure, smoke, fumes, noise, temperatures, dusts, vapors, mists, gases, lighting, and ergonomics which are known or suspected of being real or potential detriments to health.
· Evaluates company health and safety performance records, internal compliance audits, training, and makes recommendations to upper management to correct any observed issues.
· Develops or provides input to hazardous material communications, including maintaining material safety data sheets, policies, and procedures.
· Responsible for all equipment purchased, maintained, and operated by the EHS department.
· Implements or recommends control measures for exposure to hazardous materials or conditions.
· Supervises all outside environmental contractors.
· Maintains OSHA compliance and provides technical guidance to management, government agencies, and regarding health-related problems and correct use of protective clothing, etc.
· Monitors the company's EPA and OSHA standards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
· Develops and implements a program to monitor worker injuries through proper incident investigations and provides recommendations for corrective actions.
· Maintains working knowledge of new developments in the industry and governmental regulations.
· Develops and facilitates training for workers on issues related to environmental, health and safety.
· Directly supervises the employees in the EHS department including a very experienced Safety Specialist.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· On the job training relating to the day-to-day functions of the position will be completed by the department manager or supervisor, as identified in SOP 05-01. Required EHS training will be given as identified in OSHA-GEN-19 EHS Training Policy.
EHS Manager-Position Requirements:
· Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university; preferably in environmental science.
· Minimum of five years or more related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A plus would be experience in a petrochemical or specialty chemical industrial plant; experience with storage and disposal of hazardous materials, Federal & State permits, Title V, air emission analysis and NESHAPS
· Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have a valid Drivers License, 24-Hour Hazwoper & DOT/RCRA Certification
Ph: 843-815-9111 Ext 229