The senior designer designs, drafts layouts, and drawings of Commercial Hospitality structures including space planning, conceptual designs, sketches and renderings for the clients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Define architectural standards for the design and deployment of Company XYZ solutions. Collaborate with developers, QA, production support and account team to provide technical direction on systems analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Review documented technical requirements, development and project plans to ensure adherence to defined standards and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
- Apply knowledge of mathematical formulas and physical laws and use conventional and computerized work aids to make calculations.
- Perform preliminary and advanced work in the development of working layouts and final master drawings, adequate for detailing parts and units of design for new proposals and current designs.
- Make revisions to size, shape, and arrangement of parts to create practical design drawings.
- Facilitate code reviews, software design sessions, and architectural reviews.
- Prepare acceptance test procedures and assembly instructions.
- Mentor associates and foster a learning and growth environment.
- Work with the team to create the Revit model and CAD Designs
- Create Designs in both 2D and 3D format for both working drawings and presentation materials.
- Assist with the preparation of proposal documentation, technical data such as qualification test procedures, reports, component maintenance manuals, etc.
- Prepare marketing graphics, presentation boards, and other marketing material
- Interact with vendors and customers on engineering design issues.
- Check design work of other engineering department members including layout, form, fit, function, materials, specification callouts, geometrics, dimensioning and other output as directed.
- Researches, designs, and develops prototypes of future solutions.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems and progress as related to work assignments.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
- Minimum of five to ten years or more related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be fluent and productive in both the latest version of AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Must understand the process and organizational structure of construction documents.
- Ability to create architectural conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents
- Experience drawing floor plans, wall sections, elevations, and related schedules and details
- PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite Experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Architect License or Engineering license.
- Experience using Bluebeam, Rhino, Sketchup, or other 3-D design software.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel Domestically and throughout the World depending on the project. Time of travel will depend on project and level of participation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.