Outdoor work; in all weather conditions. Mechanical ability is required.
- Performs remedial system operation & maintenance and groundwater sampling activities.
- Completes and tracks maintenance work orders and equipment/spare parts inventory.
- Handles labor and construction duties based on the project requirements.
- Helps to identify field related issues and makes recommendations for correction.
- Supervises contractors on subsurface excavations, tank removals and equipment & piping installations.
- Interacts with clients to discuss project site related information.
- Perform soil and groundwater sampling activities according to EPA guidelines.
- Ensures installation and repair practices adhere to OSHA requirements and engineering standards.
- Adheres to GES Health & Safety standards in all field-related activities.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 5-10+ years of field related work experience within the environmental consulting industry. Must possess a strong understanding of standard operating procedures related to sampling, health & safety, decontamination, field note recording, equipment calibration, and O&M activities. Field construction and drilling oversight experience is a plus.
- Must be agreeable to up to 25% travel
- Must be a team player with very good technical, mechanical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training will be required if this certification is not yet earned. This certification is required to perform the duties of this position.
- Experience with LPS or a behavior based health & safety program is a plus.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D